|From Macy's 2011 windows|
Who can talk about Christmastime in NYC without mentioning The Rockefeller Tree, and the windows all decorated for the holidays?
The Rockefeller Tree arrived this year on November 14, and the tree lighting will be taking place on November 28, Wednesday, from about 7 to 9 pm,with live and taped performances. Rockefeller Plaza is located between W 48th Street and W 51st Street, and 5th Avenue and 6th Avenues.
- Barneys is at 660 Madison, at 6th Avenue
- Henri Bendel is at 712 5th Avenue, at 56th Street **
- Bergdorf Goodman is at 754 5th Avenue, at 58th street
- Bloomingdale's is at 1000 3rd Avenue, at 59th Street
- Lord & Taylor is at 424 5th Avenue between 38th and 39th Streets
- Macy's is at 151 West 34th Street at 7th Avenue
- Saks Fifth Avenue is at 611 5th Avenue at 49th Street
- Tiffany & Co. is at 727 5th Avenue between 56th and 57th Streets **
Lord & Taylor and Macy's are a bit out of the way, but the others could be done pretty easy, it's a 5 block West to East, and 12 block North to South block. I recommend going for all of the Northern ones, then a little bit south to Rockefeller Center to see the tree. Then hit a Starbucks for some Hot Chocolate. It is the quintessential NYC Christmas.
Next week, the Brooklyn Christmas...