Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens

Editor's Note:  I have been sick all week, and did not get to go anywhere.  So the following is a revamp of an old post. My apologies!


 I have been here before, in February of 2011.  The Citi Field and the Billie Jean King USTA National Tennis Center, are just a few things in the immediate vicinity...


This is the best map I could find with all of them.  Also in the area is the Queens Museum of Art, and the NY Hall of Science.

NY Hall of Science


     The Queens Zoo is also nearby, and the park is big enough that you could picnic, hang out and frisbee, or play ball.

Of course there are some amazing  views in the park as well...

The Unisphere











The unisphere is one of the leftovers from the 1964 World's Fair, along with the Observation Towers and the Pavilion, all three are seen here.














I have been to the Unisphere and the other World's Fair buildings, and also to the Queens Zoo.  I have yet to go to  the Hall of Science, or the Queens Museum of Art.  But when I do go, I cannot WAIT to see the Panorama of NYC at the Queens Museum of Art...

from here

Has anyone been up here?  Tell me your stories, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment