MoMA





The new year is a great time to go to a museum. The Museum of Modern Art is a great place to start, because there is so much to recognize.  My twelve year old gets excited because there are pieces she can "relate" to, versus the old stuffy paintings.










One of my favorites is Van Gogh's Starry Night.

Starry Night by Van Gogh


at MoMA until April 29, 2013






I have been there many times, and will continue to go, should just get a membership...  Love to just spend the afternoon here, go on a weekday when it's not AS crowded.  Right now, they have Scream by Edvard Munch










 
 The first version of Henri Matisse's The Dance is also at Moma.  The finished version is at a museum in Russia.

first version
Second Version














Campbell's Soup Cans by Andy Warhol

 One of my favorite pieces, I have been trying to locate, is by Annette Messager. I found a picture of it, but I am not sure what the name of it is. Possibly My Vows, but not sure.  But I love it so much...


 Visit MoMA for info on location, hours, directions, and other info needed for visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment