Astoria Park Queens: At Night


About a month ago, I posted about going to Astoria Park, a huge park in Queens.   It is a really nice place to go, very breezy and great views...But at night it is even better!  My friend lives not far from there, and she visited last night, and got some amazing shots!

 This one is my favorite one...along with this one...

 I love how the lights are reflecting off of the water...

AND I just found out there will be fireworks there.  Here is the info from About.com:
(This is found a bit down the page, after the July 4 activities)

Fireworks in Astoria Park - June 30, 2010:

Get an early start to July 4th weekend with live music and fireworks in Astoria Park on Monday, June 30. The Central Astoria Development Corporation sponsors this early Independence Day celebration. There will be live big band music.
  • When: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, music starting at 7:30 p.m.
  • Where: Astoria Park, on the waterfront in Astoria, between Hoyt Avenue and 22nd Road.
Afterwards, stop by the Bohemian Beer Garden or go out for a late dinner in Astoria.
I hope everyone enjoys the 4th of July this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment