Museum of the City of New York 5/10

This museum was very nice, but a little on the small side. There is room for about 7 exhibits, and there is 3 major ones, and a few upstairs.  Glad I went for free, because I don't think it would be worth the $10 dollars.  The Charles Addams's New York was really nice, and I learned something, I had no idea he was from NY.  The America's Mayor John Lindsey exhibit was also very informative, and pretty big.  The Cars, Culture, and the City exhibit, I never found, I'm sure I could have asked, but the place was so small, I forgot about it until I pulled the map out 20 minutes ago.  Upstairs, there was a New York Interiors, which was 6 rooms behind glass, and a hallway of photos of the city, which is billed as New York Through the Lens: Photographs from the Permanent Collection.

The neighborhood the museum is in is not the best, but also not the worst.  I walked 3 blocks from the subway at 103rd St.  I took the 6 train.  Here are a few pictures, the rest are here.





1 comment:

  1. Love this museum! It was the best place to visit on my birthday last summer. I want to go back and spend an entire day there!

    ReplyDelete