Patsy and Sandy

Patsy

Well this last week has been interesting.  I got to celebrate a birthday at my favorite restaurant ever.  Patsy's, in midtown Manhattan.  This is one of the places that made my husband and I fall in love with New York City.


I had the Veal Cutlet Parmigiana and my husband had the Bucatini all’Amatriciana.  Now I am not very adventurous, and actually had the same dish way back when we first ate here, but it was just that good, I had to have it again.  My husband last time had the Spaghetti and Meatballs and wanted to try something different.  

The veal was just as I remembered, huge and delicious.  The Bucatini was al dente and amazing.  We normally do not get dessert, but they brought the cart around, and the Chocolate Mousse Cake just looked too good to pass up.  It was delicious, especially paired with the house red wine.  

After we finished, we walked around for a little bit, and then back on the subway to come home to Brooklyn.

Sandy

Ever since the 25th or so there was something about the latest storm coming that was looking very ominous. Not only was it a hurricane, but there was also another storm coming from the west.  It was shaping up to be a superstorm.  Sunday was pretty much spent going to the grocery store, and the hardware store to make sure that we had enough food, water, batteries, flashlights, and other necessities when there is a storm coming.

Monday was pretty much spent indoors for us.  My intrepid reporter went out and got some pictures down by the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.



Monday night was the worst, but amazingly we never lost power.  It was very windy and raining. I was on Facebook and twitter trying to find out what was going on.  By Tuesday afternoon I was sick of the computer  and took a break, watching Breaking Bad, Season 1.  (Very good, by the way.)  These were taken on Tuesday morning.




Our neighborhood was not hit too bad, the power went out in parts (never here) and there were a lot of downed trees.  Other areas were a lot worse, Staten Island, Coney Island, and the Breezy Point area of Queens particularly were the worst.  Manhattan below 34th Street is still without power.  The subways are sort of up and running, but right now there is no way to get from Brooklyn to Manhattan by subway, you must get a shuttle bus:




Sandy's Aftermath
Article about the upcoming NY Marathon
Breezy Point, Queens
Coney Island and the surrounding area

No comments:

Post a Comment