Staten Island Ferry

I finally visited the Staten Island Ferry last Thursday.  And I am here to report that is has become THE place for tourists.  There seemed to be more tourists than people commuting.  Still haven't figured out what category I fit into, since I live in NYC, but I was there to take pictures of the Statue of Liberty.  The ferry to and from SI is free, no reservations are needed...

It was COLD.  Try not to go if it is too cold.  My luck...it was 25 that day, and 45 the next.  So always check the weather forecast. I got some great shots, but I was bundled up in my hat scarf and gloves.  My face must have looked so red.  Anyway, on to the pictures.  I took so many, and they will be at the Unseen NYC Facebook page sometime today...

 The buildings going up in the financial district...
 Ellis Island...




 Brooklyn Bridge in the front, and Manhattan Bridge in the back
 One of the other ferries...
 My new desktop picture...


5 comments:

  1. Love your photos! The Staten Island Ferry is one of my fave places to take out of town visitors on the cheap!;-) Perfect for a NYC photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also take visitors here, a great and cheap way to wow them...I love your website!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping up this blog! I bookmarked it a long time ago as I really want to visit NYC one day and I always like to be an informed visitor. So glad you are still posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! I am soooo jealous! My dream is to live in NYC, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen. :( Last time we visited we had it in our plans to go to the Staten Island Ferry, but we never made it. Too little time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopping over from 2peas. I have never been to NY...always wanted to. I need to bookmark your blog...it's better than any travel book!!

    ReplyDelete