Here are a few links to get started. I moved to NYC when my youngest was 5, so I never had to deal with a stroller in NYC. I see them all of the time on buses and subways, and I am glad I never needed them. If possible use an umbrella stroller, unless your kid is really young. Have them wear sneakers if possible, so they are comfortable in case they will walk anywhere. With older kids, you need to remember to find something for them to do at some point during the trip, otherwise they will not have very much fun. This is especially true for any child over 13. Parks are always a great idea for any child under 13, there is a link below for the NYC Park system also. Find out ahead of time where your hotel is and do a search for the nearest playground. If anybody has a more specific question, please don't hesitate to email me!! J.Ryan@morethanmidtown.com
• Recommended Family Friendly Hotels
• NYC.com's ABC List of Kid Friendly Dining
• NYC.com's Family Friendly Guide for Broadway Shows
• Kid Friendly Tours in New York City
• Top Ten Kid Friendly Tourist Attractions in NYC
• Top Ten NYC Toy Stores for Kids
• Five Little NYC Parks
• NYC Boat Rides Your Kids Will Love
• Tips for Taking Kids to a Ballgame in New York City
Regarding Car Seats in Taxis
*NOTE - Children under the age of seven are permitted to sit on an adult's lap.
taken from NYC.gov.